ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Starship dimensions

<< < (5/6) > >>

allen:
Oops.. I didn't associate "halo" with the game.. lol!
I have played halo (for about 10 minutes, which means i don't know a thing about it :P). Still, I think i'm right, it doesn't have a massive destruction doomsday machine in it, right?  :tellme:
-jgpaiva (October 22, 2006, 11:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Actually . . .

Halo Plot RevealedThe Halos (there are several) contain an onboard weapon capable of killing all sentient life in the universe.  It's a failsafe in case "The Flood" contained onboard breaks out.  So, it has a little bit of a death ray. :)

As for the game, I'm not usually a FPS fan -- BUT. I found Halo's environments to be vibrant enough and plot to be interesting enough to warrant the mindless shooting stuff gameplay.  For me, the series has been something like an interactive action film -- and as much, I've quite enjoyed it.

It doesn't have the exploration of the metroid series, strategy or cutenes sof pikmin (for you Mouser :P) or the equipment upgrade based progression of zelda or castlevania. Halo is straight forward.  You run around, kill stuff, get more guns and ammo, maybe have to figure out how to open a door, repeat -- all while watching what I thought to be a really cool plot unfold.

As for console V. PC gaming -- that's an argument that will go on for as long as time.  Personally, I don't care for PC gaming as I find console configurations (and my couch!) far more comfortable. PC = tool. Console = toy. I don't like to mix my tools and toys.  I can completely see the arguments PC gamers have for their medium of choice as well.  Both sides have their merrits.  I like analog joysticks and a couch.  Works better with Jerry on my lap than the PC anyway.

jgpaiva:
Halo Plot RevealedThe Halos (there are several) contain an onboard weapon capable of killing all sentient life in the universe.  It's a failsafe in case "The Flood" contained onboard breaks out.  So, it has a little bit of a death ray. :)

-allen (October 23, 2006, 06:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
;D ;D Damn, I knew i'd lose that argument, but it was way easier making you tell me that than searching the net for the answer :P

allen:

-allen (October 23, 2006, 06:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
;D ;D Damn, I knew i'd lose that argument, but it was way easier making you tell me that than searching the net for the answer :P
-jgpaiva (October 23, 2006, 07:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Lazy!!

My death ray > your death ray :P

Deozaan:
am i the only person that played halo that thought it sucked?
ps.
next time vrgirl is online, ask her to tell you about the Halo joke i played on her when she was working at Microsoft.  ;D-mouser (October 22, 2006, 11:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think it sucked, but I don't think it is as magnificent as every other Xbox owner, apparently. I liked the coop mode, though. More games need that.

allen:
am i the only person that played halo that thought it sucked?

ps.
next time vrgirl is online, ask her to tell you about the Halo joke i played on her when she was working at Microsoft.  ;D
-mouser (October 22, 2006, 11:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ok, still haven't seen her.  You're going to have to tell us the story yourself mouser :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version