topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 12:34 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: PayPal Batch Encrypted Button Generator  (Read 6697 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
PayPal Batch Encrypted Button Generator
« on: October 22, 2006, 11:43 AM »
I don't often post about software written by members of our forum, and this has a fairly limited target audience, but for those that might benefit from this, it seems like a really cool tool.

The Renegade PayPal Batch Encrypted Button Generator lets you quickly generate encrypted PayPal buttons to use on your web site so that you can securely accept PayPal and credit card payments online.
While creating a single encrypted PayPal button is easy, creating many is a tedious and boring job. If this is something that you need to do with any regularity, the PayPal Batch Encrypted Button Generator can save you a great deal of time.

You only need: A PayPal account, A properly formatted CSV file with your products, Just load the CSV, login to PayPal, and click the “Create Button” button

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Re: PayPal Batch Encrypted Button Generator
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 10:27 PM »
...fairly limited target audience...

Yep. That's putting it mildly :)

It's a tool that I basically needed/wanted. I HATE web interfaces, and the PayPal interface is no different. Combined with needing a lot buttons, that adds up to a lot of PAIN.

I then found out that what I really wanted wasn't in it, and you can't do it through the PayPal web interface, so what's up there now, v3, has it - the "notify_url" parameter. (v1 was internal. v2 was released with only web automation.)

There are still thing that need get into it, so v3.1 will be coming out shortly or when I get time - one of the two. v4 won't be coming anytime soon as there's some major coding that I would need to do first, and I just can't afford that time right now.

But the program works well and does what it says it does - help you create PayPal encrypted buttons in large batches - a process that is either tediously painful or just not possible without a lot of development.

Oh - I really do need to post elsewhere (the general forum)... There's something very cool that I've wanted to post here as I was teasing people a bit before... Got to get some prep done first though... This is really good, so I don't want to spoil anything - i.e. wait :P
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

mrainey

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Website
    • Donate to Member
Re: PayPal Batch Encrypted Button Generator
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 07:02 AM »
Is it possible to set up a PayPal button that would allow one price for the first license purchased, then a lower price for each additional license?
Software For Metalworking
http://closetolerancesoftware.com