topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 7:33 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Some clipboard clips not captured  (Read 5277 times)

superticker

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Superticker's SU reviews about technology
    • Donate to Member
Some clipboard clips not captured
« on: October 21, 2006, 11:38 PM »
If I press the press the Copy to Clipboard button on The Form Letter Machine app (DonationCoder), that application indeed copies the active message tree to the clipboard as expected, but Clipboard Help+Spell never gets it.  I'm wondering if this is a problem with CHS capturing some clips?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Some clipboard clips not captured
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 12:11 AM »
there are options in chs to set the size limit of clips that will be captured - you might check there.
also make sure you dont have a filter set or aren't in a dif folder so that you are not seeing them being captured.

superticker

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Superticker's SU reviews about technology
    • Donate to Member
Re: Some clipboard clips not captured
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 09:16 AM »
There are options in CHS to set the size limit of clips that will be captured ...
That was the problem.  There's a parameter for the plain text byte limit with a grayed out check box.  But don't let the grayed out check box fool you; that limit parameter is really active, which is the way it should be--my oversight.

Also make sure you ... aren't in a different folder so that you are not seeing them being captured.
One of my suggestions on the Mantis Bug Tracker is to automatically switch to the New CHS folder whenever a new clip is captured so this mistake can't happen.