topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 4:01 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Note Taking Linux  (Read 3807 times)

Hellie

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Note Taking Linux
« on: October 23, 2006, 10:22 AM »
Does anyone know of a Note Taking programe similaqr to Gems X TextNotes Pro. Yes I know its bloatware but I love it as I have completely and totally go over to SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop I am looking for something to replace it. Tomby notes just does not compare.

Any suggestions?

Helen

smarcin

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Note Taking Linux
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 02:52 PM »
Helen,

Have you thought at all of running TextNotes Pro under Wine on SuSE? If you go to winehq.org to check and see if it will run TextNotes Pro (or any other Windows program you want to run). Wine is probably already on the CDs (or DVD) you have of SuSE or can be downloaded easily. Another possibility is to use Codeweavers. Codeweavers can be found at codeweavers.com, though if you purchased a boxed version of SuSE Pro, it may already be on your CDs or DVD. Otherwise it costs $59.95. Both Wine and Codeweavers are applications you run under Linux. They allow you to install Windows applications and run them. Neither web site lists TextNotes Pro, so it would be a case of trial and error. I tried to run one of my favorite Windows games, Kyodai Mah Jongg, under Wine a couple of years ago. It sort of ran. The graphics weren't 3D, like in Windows, but it ran. So, you might just try it and see what happens. It can't hurt your Linux system if it doesn't work. Let me know if you have more questions.

Sally

Hellie

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Note Taking Linux
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 03:55 PM »
Thanks Sally, I will try that. I downloaded Wine but its vanished into SUSE somewhere! I am new to Linux so will have a look for it!

Helen