ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

New Winzip will open rar archives

<< < (4/6) > >>

Lashiec:
By the way: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=49526

Grrr... (That's not directed at you - long story.) Not if I get my way... I'm still hammering away for features I want at the day job. (And I've been hammering away for a long time, but it looks like I've finally made some people "see the light". Time will tell.)
-Renegade (October 21, 2006, 12:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ummmm... OK? ;D

Renegade:
Grrr... (That's not directed at you - long story.) Not if I get my way... I'm still hammering away for features I want at the day job. (And I've been hammering away for a long time, but it looks like I've finally made some people "see the light". Time will tell.)
-Renegade (October 21, 2006, 12:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ummmm... OK? ;D
-Lashiec (October 26, 2006, 06:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good mother of God... You have no idea how frustrating working in the ROK can be... I simply can't post anything here as it's not possible without profanity. And lots of it.

Tekzel:
Funny.  WinZip.  Do they still think they are relevant?  Do people actually pay for that crap?

I use TugZip, love it.  Better than WinZip and free. 

Renegade:
Do people actually pay for that crap?
-Tekzel (October 26, 2006, 07:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yep. When you run a company, and need things to work, it's cheaper to pay for software than to try and use something that's free (very often anyways). It all boils down to time saved with support. Commercial software is usually better and you can expect support (usually - not always).

JavaJones:
Sure, maybe the support is worth it. But at least buy a *decent* commercial app. WinRAR stomps all over WinZip. :D

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version