ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Forums: pay for posts

(1/3) > >>

Mark0:
Just saw a new user registering on my forum today.
Checked the profile's website, and it point here:

Forum Posters

The purpose of forumposters.org is to match forum owners with quality forum posters who want to be paid for posting on forums. Paid forum posting is useful for creating and maintaining a quality forum that attracts users who you want to stay and contribute to your forum as well. Without hiring at least a few forum posters, it can be difficult host a forum that is of any repute and value to advertisers. Forumposters.org does not charge forum posters or forum owners for the service that it provides. Forumposters.org is a free website for matching forum posters with forum owners.
--- End quote ---

Never heard about something like this before, but... it seemed inevitable.  :huh:

Bye!

mouser:
We've discussed this practice here:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2341.0

While i can certainly sympathize with how hard it is for companies to get attention sometimes, even for the best products, needless to say this is absolutlely unacceptable here and i think it's a horrible idea, and it will not be tolerated on this forum.

I would advise everyone to stay away from any company that pays people to post about their stuff.

Mark0:
Yeah, it's a bit sad to see how "economics" get into forums / community.
Under cover agents / posters from company was an "old" topic (I think I saw that a lot on forums about video cards... Nvidia & ATI really have done some guerrilla marketing there).
This one seems a bit different, forum hoster that pay posters to drive attention / traffic, but it's also a bit... don't know, disturbing? It force one to always think about the reasons behind posts.

Bye!

nudone:
how about paying someone to not post?

i'll accept 1 dollar for every time i don't make a post - too high? okay, 1 cent.

just start paying and i'll start not posting... feel free to pay in a lump some to keep me not posting for a whole year.

Mark0:
 ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version