topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:10 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Blog Article: 100+ Ways to Rejuvenate the Games You Already Own  (Read 6206 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Very nice ideas..

In the last fifteen years, board game designers and dedicated board gamers around the world have learned a thing of two about what really makes board games fun for adults. The principles used in modern board game designs can be used to help you rejuvenate your old board games. You, too, can learn to love board games again.

It's time for you to break out the old board games. But I PROMISE you: you're not going to play them the way you remember playing them! This time, you're going to have fun with them. All it takes is a little preparation: no more than ten minutes for any game.

All you have to do is select a few new rules, and possibly write down some instructions on some index cards, for your old game to become fun again. It's like getting dozens of brand new games, better games ... for free!

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Blog Article: 100+ Ways to Rejuvenate the Games You Already Own
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 01:33 PM »
Board games?  :-\

Bummer. . .  :(

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 03:19 PM »
Many board and card games have made their way to the PC (Scrabble, Monopoly, Uno, etc)

But the great thing about having the original board game is you CAN change the rules...something you can't do with a pc version.

And there is nothing quite like playing a game of Uno, for money, with 20 drunk people, using 5 decks and 'house rules'.  :D

I never played Monopoly by the normal rules till I played it on Sega Genesis. And I have to say that it was boring. I'll take my brother's 'backyard rules' any day.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 03:40 PM »
I was hoping there were 100+ ways I could rejuvenate Mario Bros. or Doom or Stars! or Super Mario Kart. . . But board games?

Bummer . . .

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 02:04 AM »
Yeah Deozaan, I was thinking that too. Ah well. I agree that board and card games are usually more fun when drunk. ;)

- Oshyan