ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

Update on 7/15 Coding Snack Weekend - and a prize for skrommel

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
sorry i've been so slow with a post about the coding snacks weekend we just had - i've been working around the clock on nothing but the new clipboard tool - as any programmer will tell you it's hard to pull yourself away once you start a new project.

skrommel was on fire this weekend, producing a number of extremely cool AutoHotKey scripts which will be going up on the coding snacks download page tonight.  It was a wonder watching him solve these requests like little puzzles.

in recognition for his contribution this week, we have decided to give him a prize, on behalf of everyone on this site.  skrommel please let us know whether you want a free copy of VmWare Desktop Workstation, or BB FlashBack Pro, or Techsmith Camtasia 3, or whether you prefer to wait for the next donated software we get.  If you'd like to re-donate it to someone else you may do that as well.

mouser:
Skrommels scripts have been compiled by me into a single Coding Snacks download zip, which includes the .ahk, the compiled .exes, plus a little readme for each which include pointers to appropriate forum posts.

https://www.donationcoder.com/CodingSnacks/index.php

mouser:
i still think skrommel's scripts deserve their own web page (along with a couple of the other coding snacks tools).

nudone:
sounds like a good idea, especially if there are going to be more scripts coming from skrommel.

i must say it's probably the first time i've been inspired to look at 'autohotkey' in a serious way. skrommel has really opened my eyes to how quickly these sort of tasks can be solved.

i sincerely hope there will be more to come from skrommel. a true coding snacks saviour if there ever was one.

zridling:
I finally finished reading every word of the AutoHotkey Help file this week, and will start on the forum for more. One thing I really like is that its developer, Chris Mallett, updates it continously in response to user requests and bugs. I've been able to ditch several commercial software apps now that I can do more with AutoHotkey. Thanks everyone, and thanks to skrommel for sharing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version