ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Icon Tools

Icon Tool Shooutout Review is now open to the public!

<< < (2/3) > >>

urlwolf:
Great job, hamradio!

hamradio:
I thought import/export was a pretty standard feature as from what I could tell in the ones I looked at since it is in everyone (except the freeware one for import which has bmp export) that is currently in it anyways.  With most being able to do not only .bmp and .gif, but others also. :)

Great job, hamradio!

One thing I didn't see mentioned, though, was the ability to import graphics to base your icons on.

I know Microangelo allows you to import .bmp files that you have created in another graphics program. This is my preferred way of creating icons since it gives me much more control over the image creation and I can use any plugins I want in the process by creating the image for the icon in Paintshop Pro.

I also know that Microangelo allows you to export a .gif file of your icon as well as an .ico file, which can be handy for developers that need a small graphic for their PAD files.
-app103 (October 19, 2006, 01:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

NewKreation:
I have been using a freeware product which is waaayyy better than the one mentioned in the review. It is called Icon Craft by IconEmpire. Since using it, I have had zero thoughts of buying a "better" icon editor.  :Thmbsup: [Later]...I am using v3.0b and unfortunately, it looks like it is not free anymore.

BTW, thanks for the review!

mouser:
another app to add to the review! this is why we make the drafts available before going public now :)
nice find NK.

tf76:
Hey I don't see AWICONS LITE which is freeware and you can get from here

http://www.awicons.com/download.html

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version