ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Internet Explorer 7.0 Final is out

<< < (5/6) > >>

Deozaan:
Oh, and not having downloaded it yet, did they finally get png alpha transparency to work properly?

zridling:
mrainey, you don't have to use it, but it's a good idea to upgrade to the final version anyway. The installation worked flawlessly on the four machines I updated yesterday. Took longer on the slower machines, of course. I love the new UI, but for Microsoft to skip so many CSS2 specs is just stunning. Opera and Firefox have dusted IE. IE8, anyone?

lanux128:
did they finally get png alpha transparency to work properly?-Deozaan (October 19, 2006, 08:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
does it matter anyhow? :)
after the length of time they had neglected IE, i reckon that the MS team will need double that time to catch up with other browsers. but having said that, i think it's good to install IE7 so that you're not left out of any critical updates..

Carol Haynes:
I have installed it - main complaint is that tabbed browsing is too slow to be useful - try opening 6 tabs on DC's unread posts page in new tabs - it takes forever - whereas it is pretty quick in Firefox to open 20 !

The other odd thing is I have had a couple of random reboots since installing it - but it may be that I have a corrupted driver somewhere.

Carol Haynes:
First vulnerability announced ....

http://reviews.cnet.com/4531-10921_7-6654304.html?tag=nl.e501

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version