ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Internet Explorer 7.0 Final is out

<< < (2/6) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Like wise - actually Josh that was the page I was looking at when I posted it - they must have updated it this evening 'cos when I looked it still showed RC1

Darwin:
Well, I bit the bullet and installed it - felt a bit selfish announcing that I was waiting for someone else to take risks on my behalf! Anyway, am posting this from IE7 and have two tabs open. Pleasant, but hardly earth shattering. I haven't used it much other than to post this note, so am not in a position to give a considered review yet. My first impression, though, is that the menus and toolbars are a dog's breakfast... I had RC1 installed and find this much more frustrating.

I WILL say this, though, I had a helluva time installing it. I had to turn off my firewall and antispyware AND I had to run the installer from C: drive - running it from F:, which is where My Documents reside, and with anti-spyware and firewall enabled crashed my computer three times.

YMMV.

lanux128:
eventhough i use firefox full time but it looks like i have to download & install IE7 just to cover all bases.. ;)

lanux128:
for those who are on automatic updates and don't want IE7:  Microsoft Issues Tool To Block IE7 Auto Updates

AdIyhc:
Will my present IE settings be carried out if I upgrade? Do you still need to verify to install IE7??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version