ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Forum Discrimination....

<< < (2/3) > >>

momonan:
@AdIyhc.  It's great to know you felt free to "vent" on this site.  You join a long list of venters here -- on everything from operating systems, to software that doesn't work, to videos we don't like, to authors we think are bunk, to companies that don't respond to our needs.  We can all relate to your feeling of being ignored on a site (even if we might understand it on an intellectual level).  Glad to know you haven't had that experience here, though. :D

superboyac:
Forums are a different kind of world.  People act very differently when they are masked behind anonymity.  A lot of the people who are very aggressive and short-tempered on forums may be very shy and meek in the real world.  Some people who write a lot in posts may seem to be not that sociable in person.  It's just a different world.

This DC forum is the only forum I've been on that has remained civil from day one until now.  I can't put my finger on why, but it's a testament to mouser and the people here.  When I write on forums, I try to word things the way I would actually speak in real life because I am personally self-conscious about these things and I don't want someone who meets me in person thinking I'm a totally different personality online.

In my attempt to reduce my time online, I've stopped posting in forums, except this one.  I used to post on this Lakers forum before, but I've stopped because every thread would eventually get hijacked by a wiseass or juevenile comments.

Well, there's my vent.

Edvard:
I wish I could remember where I saw it, but somebody somewhere posted a screenshot of two different forum posts.
Exact question on both.
One had 2 responses
One had 54 responses
The Difference?The one with 2 responses was posted by 'Bob' the other, by 'Michelle'

:P

wr975:
I wish I could remember where I saw it, but somebody somewhere posted a screenshot of two different forum posts.
Exact question on both.
One had 2 responses
One had 54 responses
The Difference?The one with 2 responses was posted by 'Bob' the other, by 'Michelle'

:P
-Edvard (October 18, 2006, 10:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, I remember.. long, long time ago as Internet was new for me. My friend and I were toying around with IRC trying to see if we'd find a person who'll chat with us. So we log into some iRC channel newbies, or whatever.

"Hi, my name's Peter.... someone want to chat with me?"

None replied.

So we logged off. Changed the nick to "Irene from Sweden" and logged on.

This time we didn't even have to ask... ;D

Edvard:
;D ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version