ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Windows Vista Pronunciation

(1/3) > >>

Deozaan:
My brother lived in Spain for a couple of years and after he returned, he had one of his Spanish friends visit my family for a couple months. My family has also had exchange students from other countries, including two from Spain. I took three years of Spanish in high school, and I currently have a Mexican sharing this apartment with me.

Whenever I see or say Vista I automatically pronounce it the Spanish way, "Vee-stuh," but pretty much everyone else I know says it the other way. I'm just curious to see if anyone else pronounces it differently than they would in their native language.

mouser:
This reminds me of my very favorite chart in the entire history of the internet, which i think is possibly one of the coolest things i've ever seen:

http://www.popvssoda.com/countystats/total-county.html

Windows Vista Pronunciation

Deozaan:
This reminds me of my very favorite chart in the entire history of the internet, which i think is possibly one of the coolest things i've ever seen-mouser (October 17, 2006, 11:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ha, yeah. I've lived in Idaho for as long as I can remember (with a short stint in Alaska before I can remember) and I visited New York State and was slightly ridiculed by my peers for saying "Pop." At that time I decided to start saying "Soda" since I figured that "Soda Pop" was the correct term and so saying either "Soda" or "Pop" could be appropriate. Then I returned back to Idaho and some months later at a family gathering my brother caught me saying "Soda" and he laughed at me.

Luckily I had an excuse. I was drinking a Jone's Soda. Hooray for a quick wit!

Veign:
I always got weird looks for saying Package Store for a liquor store.  Must be a northern thing.

JavaJones:
The weirdest one to me is "buggy" for a shopping cart in the south. WTF!?  ;D

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version