topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:51 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: recommendations for web graphic and photo software  (Read 6895 times)

pfflyer

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Recommended Web Tools
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
recommendations for web graphic and photo software
« on: October 16, 2006, 11:38 AM »
Graphic design is not my forte and i have struggled to find good graphic design software that met my photo AND web graphic needs.

I currently use Paint Shop Pro X and have found it more than adequate for my photo needs. I like the Learning Center which has made it easy to learn about all the various tools.  Two things I have not liked. First, while they did a great job creating a learning center for touching up photographs, they did not do the same for web graphics.  Second, the current release of version 11: Paint Shop Pro PHOTO XI pretty much tells me that Corel has chosen the photo path for this and future versions of paint shop pro.  That is fine though were does that leave the web graphics creator?  Plus I have read that XI is quite bloated.

I know in reading the forum that there are several users of Xara.  I have come across mentions of ACDSEE, Pixel32, PhotoFiltre, plus a slew of others. So fellow DCers, what do you recommended for photo software? what do you recommend for web graphic software? and why?  I am looking for recommendations that would also be suitable for someone with beginning to intermediate skills when it comes to graphic stuff.

Any recommendations for good photo/web graphic tutorials would be helpful too.

Thanks in advance.
I write and maintain Recommended Web Tools, a website for web development and design beginners. I write about a variety of <a href="http://www.recommendedwebtools.com">web tools</a> and am continually adding to my "recommended" list.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 11:45 AM by pfflyer »

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: recommendations for web graphic and photo software
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 03:52 PM »
Unfortunately the market for simple, effective, easy-to-use photo and web graphics tools is becoming muddier and muddier, and generally more expensive too. Once upon a time I'd heartily recommend JASC PaintShop, but now that it's been bought by Corel, well you can see where they're taking it. Make everything more "full-featured", but to the point where it justifies its own app, then split it off and make more money from it. Nevermind those people who were fine with the old level of functionality and just want a few improvements.

Anyway Xara does seem to be a very well-respected "all-in-one" tool for this kind of stuff and its price is reasonable. For free tools I'd recommend Photofiltre (easy to use and fairly full-featured) or Paint.NET (especially the alphas of 3 - or wait until final if you can). There are lots of other free alternatives but I find those two to be most easy to use and intuitive.

- Oshyan

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 06:23 AM »
Tons of PSP tutorials here:  http://www.pspug.org...ywords/keywd-a.shtml

chris_G20

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 10:17 AM »
can anybody please tell me how can crack the Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo XI. i have downloaded the program trial and i ask u how can i make it full!!!

Wordzilla

• Forum Search Daemon
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Two there should be; no more, no less.
    • View Profile
    • FreeThesaurus.net - The Free Online Synonym Finder
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 11:04 AM »
can anybody please tell me how can crack the Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo XI. i have downloaded the program trial and i ask u how can i make it full!!!

Hi chris_G20, you can def make it full by visiting the product page of Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo XI and click "Buy Now".  :)

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 03:38 PM »

Speaking in an unofficial capacity, and in hopes that I am not out of bounds here, Donationcoder.com neither endorses nor condones hacks, cracks, warez, and serialz. This is not an appropriate forum to be asking this question. Wordzilla's advice is excellent - buy a registration code! PSP X can be found for less than $30 and was recently being offered FREE in the States courtesy of a mail in rebate (pay $30 and get a mail in rebate for $30 type of offer).

chris_G20

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 05:59 PM »
ok dudes..don't mind..i don;t give a fuck for this forum...& BB :down:

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 06:50 PM »
Aah... we're really going to miss you...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 07:44 PM by Darwin »

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 05:05 PM »
Xara is a nice tool but to me it's more of a vector program - the photo bits are quite weak.

I use photo impact quite a lot, the photo manipulation is very strong but it also has pretty good drawing/vectory tools - of course nothing like what xara has, but not bad for buttons etc.

dhuser

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • King Dogbert
    • View Profile
    • StumbleUpon Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 06:17 PM »
Recommended Programs (I use and like them) :

All software I listed above is Freeware.

--A note to chris_G20: Cracking is illegal and if Corel finds out, you could be arrested and/or fined. Buy the program or find an alternative.

dhuser
My StumbleUpon Profile
Imagine.Explore.Create!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 06:20 PM by dhuser »