ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

recommendations for web graphic and photo software

(1/2) > >>

pfflyer:
Graphic design is not my forte and i have struggled to find good graphic design software that met my photo AND web graphic needs.

I currently use Paint Shop Pro X and have found it more than adequate for my photo needs. I like the Learning Center which has made it easy to learn about all the various tools.  Two things I have not liked. First, while they did a great job creating a learning center for touching up photographs, they did not do the same for web graphics.  Second, the current release of version 11: Paint Shop Pro PHOTO XI pretty much tells me that Corel has chosen the photo path for this and future versions of paint shop pro.  That is fine though were does that leave the web graphics creator?  Plus I have read that XI is quite bloated.

I know in reading the forum that there are several users of Xara.  I have come across mentions of ACDSEE, Pixel32, PhotoFiltre, plus a slew of others. So fellow DCers, what do you recommended for photo software? what do you recommend for web graphic software? and why?  I am looking for recommendations that would also be suitable for someone with beginning to intermediate skills when it comes to graphic stuff.

Any recommendations for good photo/web graphic tutorials would be helpful too.

Thanks in advance.

JavaJones:
Unfortunately the market for simple, effective, easy-to-use photo and web graphics tools is becoming muddier and muddier, and generally more expensive too. Once upon a time I'd heartily recommend JASC PaintShop, but now that it's been bought by Corel, well you can see where they're taking it. Make everything more "full-featured", but to the point where it justifies its own app, then split it off and make more money from it. Nevermind those people who were fine with the old level of functionality and just want a few improvements.

Anyway Xara does seem to be a very well-respected "all-in-one" tool for this kind of stuff and its price is reasonable. For free tools I'd recommend Photofiltre (easy to use and fairly full-featured) or Paint.NET (especially the alphas of 3 - or wait until final if you can). There are lots of other free alternatives but I find those two to be most easy to use and intuitive.

- Oshyan

app103:
Tons of PSP tutorials here:  http://www.pspug.org/tut/keywords/keywd-a.shtml

chris_G20:
can anybody please tell me how can crack the Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo XI. i have downloaded the program trial and i ask u how can i make it full!!!

Wordzilla:
can anybody please tell me how can crack the Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo XI. i have downloaded the program trial and i ask u how can i make it full!!!
-chris_G20 (March 07, 2007, 10:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi chris_G20, you can def make it full by visiting the product page of Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo XI and click "Buy Now".  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version