ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

have you tried mind maps?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Eóin:
I used them years ago when I had to learn off an awful lot of information for a History exam. I believe they did work for me and put it down to a combination of ...

a) the act of hand writing mind maps full of relevant doodles and other aesthetic features themed around the topic in question and ...

b) my partly visual memory (not photographic though).

Thank God I gave up learning things off by heart after that 8) .

brotherS:
I also advise people on KM stuff
-melitabel (October 19, 2006, 03:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
KM what? Please elaborate.

tinjaw:
KM what? Please elaborate.
-brotherS (October 20, 2006, 04:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Knowledge Management. It is a very interesting field. It intersects (overlays ?) with my interests in things like web site authoring, database design, etc.

rjbull:
i sort of got into using mind maps many years ago after reading a few books by Tony Buzan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Buzan.-nudone (October 16, 2006, 10:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
I did an evening class recently.  The tutor seemed keen on mind maps, but it's something I'd never done because I was borne too soon  ;)  I came across one of Tony Buzan's books in the library and flipped through it.  It looked like he was defining new jargon to use in describing mind maps, which made me think it could easily end up as a groupie ghetto.  Also it looked like you had to be quite artistic with broad-tipped coloured markers.  So, I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has any further thoughts on this topic?
after creating a few i didn't find it helped a great deal.
--- End quote ---
That's rather what I was concerned about.
like brotherS, i didn't find that they changed my life - though, Tony Buzan gave me the impression that they would.
--- End quote ---
You're English, so (if you're old enough) you'll probably know what I mean when remind you of Mandy Rice-Davies' famous rejoinder...

mwang:
I use Freeplane (a Freemind fork) and XMind regularly. I've also stopped using Powerpoint and use Freeplane/XMind instead for presentation. Ever since I started doing that (about more than a year ago), there are always people approaching me after my presentation to inquire about the software.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version