ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Jetico firewall tops in "leaktest"?

<< < (3/3)

JavaJones:
True enough mouser, but it's a difficult thing to really take fairly into account. Because there are two major possibilities with home users - the people most important to protect (even if one of us here gets a virus we at least know how to deal with it and will resolve it much quicker than if the average person gets one - damage control is a big part of what's important here, not just prevention). Either a home user will just use the defaults - in which case it's extremely important to know what those defaults are - or they will simply not use the product at all (akin to just saying "yes" to let everything through). Determining a tolerance threshold for the average person might help in the consideration, but it's all still a bit fuzzy.

These things are really vital to consider because I for one am more interested in what to recommend to others rather than what to use myself - that to me is most important because those people aren't as capable of making informed decisions on their own. So putting this info in perspective - that perspective specifically - is important for me at least.

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version