Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 24, 2014, 01:46:44 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Just a suggestion/request/thought  (Read 2381 times)
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: July 19, 2005, 05:01:39 PM »

Hi all,

Just thought I'd pop in here as there have been a lot of interesting suggestions made with respect to future functionality in Find&Run. I just wanted to offer the suggestion that any new functionality be added in a step-wise fashion. That is, the current version works well but would benefit from a number of "tweaks" - the ability to select the hot key(s) to activate it, context menu options to create an alias from a search result, and so on. So, "tweak" the current version without adding any major new functionality. That way, users who really just want a super fast launcher get what they want.

I don't really know what I'm trying to say (Does it show Wink)... I guess the logical outcome of my suggestion is that there would be two versions of F&R. One that takes the fast launcher concept as far as it will go and another version that takes that as its base and continues to add functionality, such as text substitution and so on.

Just my convoluted two-bits.

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 05:57:57 PM »

i hear what you're saying.
im going to release a quick new version this week with hotkey configurability.
and then add new stuff incrementally.

i don't want to turn off loyal F&R users by making it into bloatware.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.026s | Server load: 0.15 ]