ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Mini-review: Agenda at Once

<< < (2/5) > >>

urlwolf:
one more idea.
It'd be great to add to AAO some nice ideas found in this program:
http://www.sciral.com/consistency/

right now, the scheduler and todo list are pretty much independent in terms of completing a task. E.g., I can cross out a task in the todo list, but it still shows in the scheduler (I guess you have plans to fix that).

But making them to be crossed-out in synch is just one possibility.
Recurring tasks offer a new way of tackling this (as an option maybe).

Imagine the follwing escenario.
I have in my todo list "water plants", and it is scheduled weekly in the scheduler. each time I cross it, I don't want to lose the task 'water plants' from the todolist, I want to have some stats that I actually did it, but I want the task to stay there so I water the plants next week! For that, the http://www.sciral.com/consistency/ approach is the best I have seen. Maybe changing colors in the scheduler may support that. In a way, the calendar/scheduler view would work as the matrix in the sciral program.

Does it make sense? Do you think it'd be a sensible feature to have?
It'd be killer I think!

vradmilovic:
>It is surprising how many good decisions you have made in terms of GUI and usability.

After reviewing number of PIMs back in 2002, I noticed that all are bloated or unintuitive or both. Idea was to make PIM that requires as little clicks as possible.

>Recurring tasks offer a new way of tackling this (as an option maybe).

Actually, this is already possible. If you set to-do task as recurring, it will uncheck itself automatically when needed. Let me know if it doesn't work as you expect.

urlwolf:
Hi Vladimir,

I just came up with a few more AAO feature requests:
(1) Have a 'back' button to take the user to the last task he was in. There should be one for the outliner, another one for the scheduler/calendar, and a checkbox to synch them.

(2) Improve import/export. For example, import from/export to XML. Ideally, one should be able to copy/paste stuff from the outliner into say word and keep the indentation or the structure (e.g., top level is heading1 in word, second level is heading2, comments are body text, etc). This would make it possible to do e.g., mindmaps with the todo lists!. Right now, it is pasted as a table.

(3) Screen real state: save by combining toolbars. e.g., the dark gray toolbar that contains the title of the subwindow (i.e., schedule) should be combined with the toolbar immediately below.

Also, in the case of the scheduler the toolbar is way too thick just because of the 'days'

(4) better report funcionality. E.g., I want to see on a list what things I did the last week or so.

(5) Sometimes AAO doesn't come back from try after I hit the global shortcut (alt + Q in my case). At times, I have to hit it twice. Why is that?

(6) automatic coloring. Set up colors in the scheduler so they can be assigned to any feature of a task. I like to color (by hand) blue the recurring tasks, red the 'have to do' tasks, with a strong deadline (i.e., if I miss the date the opportunity is gone) and white everything else.

If this could be done automatically it'd be great. And of course, tasks you actually did and and crossed out in the outline, should show as grey in the schedule.

Thanks!

tomos:
I'm just after installing this, (thinking of buying before the weekend)
It does seem very usable & useful :)

Urlwolf's requests would be great if implemented.

For me,
I dont like sound reminders - prefer a popup window, that doesnt seem to be an option at the moment.

Also, maybe I'm just a very superficial guy,
but the colours out of the box are terrible imho.
I know you can change some, but not the calender colour - & its a struggle to find colours that dont clash with that colour!
I think if you trying to get people to try & buy - if its more attractive out of the box, I reckon you'll sell more/quicker  :)

PS thanks to Urlwolf for the review & to Vladimir for the programme and for coming to the forum  :)

urlwolf:
Some more feature requests.
(1) Please, take a look at www.joesgoals.com. This is similar to the Sciral concistency program; something as simple as being able to check tasks done and get an overall score. Of course, this is for recurrent tasks only. This needs the feature I requested before, where recurrent tasks don't disppear from the todo list after I do them one day.

If you could implement something like www.joesgoals.com that'd be great

(2) a 'journal' section on the scheduler where we can annotate e.g., hours worked per day, pages of writing generated etc. And an easy way to graph it... maybe by exporting them to excel.

(3) option to make visible/invisible some todo sections in the scheduler. Imagine that I have a work branch and a life branch, and I only want to see one of them displayed in the scheduler; That should be possible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version