topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 3:22 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Dark Chess Variant searchs for a realization.  (Read 3473 times)

Smirf

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • SMIRF -> OCTOPUS Chess Project
    • Donate to Member
Dark Chess Variant searchs for a realization.
« on: October 15, 2006, 01:31 AM »
Hi programmers!

As you know I am about to improve my playing multivariant chess program SMIRF. Actually I have been asked, to also implement the Dark Chess variant as played at http://brainking.com, which is highly recommended for to play variants online. The explained rules of Dark Chess could be found there, too.

But that game now would not need a GUI including sophisticated intelligence, but instead to establish a live contact between two players, unhiding their covered positions move by move. This program should enable people to play Dark Chess at home, without the need to communicate using the internet or Brainking.

Thus programming that variant is somehow outside of my interests, and therefore it needs some other interested people to discuss and program solutions for it. I thought, this site could be a good place for to ask for motivated people, because I already have found a lot of approaches here related to chess or to communicate games.

If you are interested in such a project, please contact Mr. Walter Montego at Brainking, who is an active playing member there at Brainking. He would highly welcome any activities concerning his favorite variant Dark Chess.

Best regards, Reinhard.

edit by jgpaiva: fixing (weird) link
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 04:13 PM by jgpaiva »

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Dark Chess Variant searchs for a realization.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 01:02 PM »
I can't believe that guy is still using the same chess graphics he stole from my brother and I!