Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 21, 2014, 08:39:52 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: IDEA: Mobile Applications (no, not cell phone apps) USB-stick friendly  (Read 9008 times)
wreckedcarzz
Charter Member

Happy wolfie ^_^

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: October 14, 2006, 02:30:41 AM »

The thing that would help people use the software at friend's computers/kiosks/etc. would be the ability to chose a download that DOESN'T "install" as it does now, but it just extracts its files to a user-defined location and that would be "installed" onto a jump drive/flash drive/ZIP/floppy/CD/etc. It might also be a good idea to make the files smaller in size, or take out features to allow for floppy installation (yep, I use floppys on occasion).

Note:
(Mouser, I'm posting this here simply because as your programs are the "biggest", they require an install.)

Thanks,
-Wreckedcarzz
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 04:48:55 AM by brotherS » Logged

New website! With a fancy domain name and everything! *gasp*
http://www.wreckedcarzz.com/
EĆ³in
Charter Member

O'Callaghan

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 04:03:00 AM »

Check out PortableApps smiley .

Interviewer: Is there anything you don't like?
Bjarne Stroustrup: Marketing hype as a substitute for technical argument. Thoughtless adherence to dogma. Pride in ignorance.
wreckedcarzz
Charter Member

Happy wolfie ^_^

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 05:19:06 AM »

I use some of their programs, but I was talking about Mouser's programs. ScreenshotCaptor is one that I was hoping to be able to fit onto a floppy disk (trying to maintain my grandma's husband's Windows 98 with nothing to go by...).

EĆ³in
Charter Member

O'Callaghan

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 05:40:29 AM »

Sorry, my mistake. I mustn't have read your first post properly.

Interviewer: Is there anything you don't like?
Bjarne Stroustrup: Marketing hype as a substitute for technical argument. Thoughtless adherence to dogma. Pride in ignorance.
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 06:37:48 AM »

You see, that's not a problem. None of mouser's programs make any entries in registry or modify something out of it's own directory. That means you can just put it in a usb-stick and take them anywhere. (afaik smiley )

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 07:10:19 AM »

as jgpaiva says, you don't actually need to install my apps, the .exe installers are actually zip conpatible files, and so you can just unpack them using any zip compatible program, and run them from a usb drive, etc without installing smiley
wreckedcarzz
Charter Member

Happy wolfie ^_^

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 12:02:17 PM »

Great! Thanks for the info  smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.029s | Server load: 0.17 ]