ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mouser's Zone

IDEA: Mobile Applications (no, not cell phone apps) USB-stick friendly

(1/2) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
The thing that would help people use the software at friend's computers/kiosks/etc. would be the ability to chose a download that DOESN'T "install" as it does now, but it just extracts its files to a user-defined location and that would be "installed" onto a jump drive/flash drive/ZIP/floppy/CD/etc. It might also be a good idea to make the files smaller in size, or take out features to allow for floppy installation (yep, I use floppys on occasion).

Note:
(Mouser, I'm posting this here simply because as your programs are the "biggest", they require an install.)

Thanks,
-Wreckedcarzz

Eóin:
Check out PortableApps :) .

wreckedcarzz:
I use some of their programs, but I was talking about Mouser's programs. ScreenshotCaptor is one that I was hoping to be able to fit onto a floppy disk (trying to maintain my grandma's husband's Windows 98 with nothing to go by...).

Eóin:
Sorry, my mistake. I mustn't have read your first post properly.

jgpaiva:
You see, that's not a problem. None of mouser's programs make any entries in registry or modify something out of it's own directory. That means you can just put it in a usb-stick and take them anywhere. (afaik :) )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version