ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Forum or any other review, improvement

(1/3) > >>

jacquesrober:
Whenever you click a subject in a forum or review or chat, when you go back to the back page, there is no indication of where you where except for your own memory of the title. I have been in some forum where there is highlight of where you where last, when you return to the page previous to the article you choose. This does not seem to be a complex feature to apply and can be very timesaving. Check Ebay, for example, or " Mercedesshop.com" where going back to the previous page is highlighting your last subject after you return to the page.
Is my comment clear or is it to literal a tranlastion from french?
The mechanics of what I am writing about are: click on a subject on a page, return (back) to the page, and the title of the subject I went to is highlighted so that you can go on browsing without  having to find out where you where before clicking on the subject.
That would make browsing any forum so much easier.
The forums here are : VERY INTERESTING.
This is a wish to make browsing easier for people like me that have little shorttime memory.
Regards,
jacquesrober

nudone:
i have the same trouble so i agree.

mouser:
what browsers do you guys use -
in IE6 when you go back you can see a focus rectangle around the item you last clicked.

ps.
you might also want to use the BOOKMARK button in the upper right of every thread to bookmark threads you might want to come back to.

nudone:
well, yes, you are right.

there is a little focus rectangle.

i use the 'unread posts' page to navigate through the forum - so i pretty much read everything that is posted. what happens is that i click on the small 'last post' icon on the right of the 'unread posts' page as i go through the posts. if i click 'back' on my browser (maxthon) after i've read one of the posts i'm still presented with the full list of posts on the 'unread posts' page.

because the 'highlight' rectangle is focused around the little 'last post' icon, it's difficult to spot. i can, of course, just click the 'unread posts' page at the top or bottom of the thread - which removes everything i've read from the 'unread posts' page list.

i haven't really got a problem with any of this. it's 'normality' for me. it would just be nicer if when i click my 'back' button i automatically went back to the 'unread posts' page with the content refreshed, i.e. read posts removed. sometimes it does this - like once every couple of months, so that's like once in every thousand clicks on the 'back' button. is that i problem with my browser or my service provider or the way the forum works - i don't know.

the nicer solution for me, which i think relates to requests made before for the forum, is that i could view the 'unread posts' page and then select multiple threads at a time that i don't want to read - say, by clicking on a check box, then click a button to remove those threads from the list. other areas of the forum work like this already but i'm assuming there is a reason this can't be implemented at the 'unread posts' page.

(i'd love to see something like the above in place but, honestly, i really don't mind how things work at the moment - it's just an ideal world kind of dream i have.)

mouser:
the nicer solution for me, which i think relates to requests made before for the forum, is that i could view the 'unread posts' page and then select multiple threads at a time that i don't want to read - say, by clicking on a check box, then click a button to remove those threads from the list. other areas of the forum work like this already but i'm assuming there is a reason this can't be implemented at the 'unread posts' page.
--- End quote ---

yes, others have requested this - i will look into it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version