ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone else checking out FireFox 2.0 rc2?

(1/7) > >>

Eóin:
I've just recently installed the FireFox 2.0 rc2 build mostly because I wanted to see the inline spell checking in action. I must say I'm impressed with it overall. The new theme is very modern, and the whole package feels polished and clean.

I had intended to revert to the latest official 1.5.* but am so pleased with rc2 that I'll be sticking with it until 2.0 officially arrives (or an rc3 :) ).

369:
Firefox Portable 2.0 RC 2 Released

mouser:
i was going to install and test it till i read you cant install it side by side with 1.5 - bad show.

Eóin:
Hmm, that's a fair point. If I remember correctly rc1, or perhaps its was one of the betas I tried a while back did install side-by-side with v1.5.*. I guess perhaps they feel this version of FireFox is just about ready to replace the old.

Mizraim:
I upgraded because one of my favorite themes tried to update when I checked on the update button and uninstalled when it said it was found, tried to install, then realized it was not compitable with 1.5.*...
So far I really can't complain about anything. I think it's only getting better and easier in all my internet uses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version