ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SCRIBUS - Open Source Desktop Publishing

<< < (4/11) > >>

tomos:
Actually, you can point PDFCreator to wherever you have Ghostscript installed:
Open PDFCreator from the start menu.
Select "Printer -> Options".
In the "Program" box, select "Ghostscript".
From that dialog, you can manually enter a path to gswin32c.exe, wherever it may be.
Hope this helps.
-Edvard (October 19, 2006, 11:44 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah!
thanks Edvard,
would like to clean that all up  :)
cheers, Tom

Darwin:
I heard back from the developers of RagTime today. Here's (an edited version of) what they had to say:

The terms of the license for RagTime Solo have...often been misinterpreted or consciously violated - and that’s why we have decided to discontinue RagTime Solo. There will be no private version of RagTime 6...

RagTime would like to thank all users of RagTime Solo for their years of loyalty and also thank them for their constructive and valuable support during the Beta test of RagTime 6. We will soon contact all _registered _RagTime Solo users with an attractive transitional offer for RagTime 6.

We will also be offering a lower-priced version for students at school and at university or college for the duration of their studies. At the other end of the range of applications we have created a site license with RagTime XL, which can be used in all workplaces within one single company.

--- End quote ---

JeffK:
I decided to ask the Australian distributor of Ragtime for the price of version six.  He said, about $AU1,350.  I'm down at my work's medical centre now after falling off my chair.  I'll look elsewhere.

Jeff

Darwin:
Wow... I wonder what an "attractive" transitional price will look like?

Gothi[c]:
I just build the latest CVS version of scribus on ubuntu. Looks damn nice, but there's some issues with the table functionality. A table is really a grouped/bordered set of text frames, as a result of this, it is possible to resize a cell over another cell, and thus messing everything up, sometimes unrecoverable, so you have to redo your entire table (no undo). Quite annoying. But I guess they'll solve this later. Here's a screenshot of the cvs version:

SCRIBUS - Open Source Desktop Publishing

I'm going to use it to make report templates. I can export from scribus to .eps format, and use eps2pdf to procedurally generate PDF files from my perl CGI script. I was using LaTeX before for this, but having a wysiwyg tool is just allot easyer than having to write up all the latex source from scratch, especially if your report has to look a certain way. (LaTeX is very handy for writing papers and stuff without having to worry about formatting though.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version