ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SCRIBUS - Open Source Desktop Publishing

<< < (3/11) > >>

Carol Haynes:
I shouldn't think installing GS would have any effect on othe programs (such as PDFCreator) as it doesn't do much apart from sit on you hard disc and let other programs use its libraries. It doesn't install printer drivers etc. and I don't even get an entry in the Start > Programs menu.

I have the full version of Adobe Acrobat 7 Pro on my system and GS hasn't affected that in any way - can't see why it would have any effect on PDF Creator - if that is the one from JAWS then it doesn't use GS as far as I know anyway.

tomos:
if that is the one from JAWS then it doesn't use GS as far as I know anyway.
--- End quote ---

na, its same name but different maker (it open source i guess cause its on sourceforge.net)

sounds like no problem with GS anyway, thanks
tom

Edvard:
Tomos: Do a search for "gswin32c.exe"
That is the most common Ghostscript executable used by most win programs that need it. PDFCreator, PDFBlender, et al.
I have it in E:\Program Files\gs\gs8.54\bin\gswin32c.exe

tomos:
thanks Ervard
but,
na,  its not in my programme folder
so I installed it there myself (seperately) -
its a bit scrappy cause PDFCreator seems to (in its own folder) have everything that should be in the GS installation except the exe file(s).
So now I have 2 sets of GS font folders etc.
But it works for Scribus,
and if it doesent work for PDFCreator I'll probably remove it

Edvard:
Actually, you can point PDFCreator to wherever you have Ghostscript installed:
Open PDFCreator from the start menu.
Select "Printer -> Options".
In the "Program" box, select "Ghostscript".
From that dialog, you can manually enter a path to gswin32c.exe, wherever it may be.
Hope this helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version