ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Whats the best OS?

(1/2) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
I know about Windows, Mac, Linux, and Unix, but what one is BEST? (in terms of features that allow 100% customization WITHOUT having to go into files and editing lines after lines after lines, but in the graphical interface itself.
Thanks all,
-Wreckedcarzz

Hellie:
SUSE Linux Enterpirse Desktop 10.1. Its $50 a year for the updates. I have just got rid of XP as I was fed up of it crashing and I have a brand new PC. Its just brilliant I will never ever go back to Bill Gates. Its very easy to use and you get support.

Yes I know you can get totally open source Linux but as I work from home I need something simple and reliable. So long as you are reasonably IT competant its fine, I just cannot believe the huge improvement. Its an absolute pleasure to use.

Helen

Mizraim:
SUSE! I don't have that much experience using it, but several of my friends use it on their laptops and I agree with them that it is the best out-of-a-box OS avaliable.

Josh:
Honestly, I think the best OS depends on what you want to use it for. Each OS has its share of strengths and its share of weaknesses. What do YOU want to use the OS for?

allen:
OS versus OS, I love Linux -- most distros, though ubuntu I've spent the most time with. (Prior I used debian -- ubuntu is essentially built on debian but with more timely updates).  I, however, use windows almost exclusively because the -software- I love isn't available for Linux.  Lock in :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version