ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Email Server for Windows Recommendations?

(1/1)

Renegade:
Hello All,

I'm looking for a new email server for Windows.

The email server I'm using now works fine for small volumes (up to about 2,000 or 2~3 per second on a sustained basis) or regular email. When I need to send out a newsletter, I can only send single threaded (maybe 2 or 3) or else it crashes the service and I have to get my hands dirty to get things up and running again.

Then there is the bounceback issue...

The news letter has about 40,000 subscribers, so the email server needs to be able to handle a good load. The mailer I'm using can handle 25~50 threads with no problems, and I'd like to take advantage of that so that the emails get sent quickly.

I'm not interested in a stand-alone mailer. They just don't work with a lot of ISPs that require reverse DNS and PTR records.

So, any recommendations for something that can handle a large email volume for a newsletter?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations. (Experience or direct knowledge please - not hearsay or Google searches.)

mouser:
dc now uses phplist (http://www.phplist.com/) run from a linux host.

JavaJones:
Mouser, how do you handle syncing with the forums with PHPlist?

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version