Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 01, 2014, 11:24:21 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: req: add "DonationCoder.com" to forum page titles  (Read 5726 times)
Nod5
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: October 11, 2006, 04:55:05 AM »

I've recently tried to follow the many great GOE-threads in the forum. In the process of doing that I've made many bookmarks, but bookmarking is slowed down by the fact that the page title for forum threads does not include the string "DonationCoder.com" like all non-forum page titles does. Manually adding such a string to the title of each bookmark is time-consuming (in the long run at least).

So I request such a string for forum page titles. It's a good thing to consistently include some such string in all page titles since it makes searching and managing all and only bookmarks to the site much easier.

Also, a better system, IMO, would be to reverse the current page title phrases for regular pages, like this:

"DonationCoder.com - Software - Mouser - PopUp Wisdom"

With that order, all bookmarks from the site can be grouped simply by sorting a bookmarks folder alphabetically.

These are minor problems, I grant that.  But also perhaps minor tasks to fix?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 05:15:24 AM »

very good ideas indeed. adding it to my todo list.
Nod5
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 01:25:22 PM »

Great!  smiley
allen
Charter Member

Powered by Beard

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 09:28:13 PM »

Also, a better system, IMO, would be to reverse the current page title phrases for regular pages, like this:

"DonationCoder.com - Software - Mouser - PopUp Wisdom"

With that order, all bookmarks from the site can be grouped simply by sorting a bookmarks folder alphabetically.

I can see how that would be handy for sorting things by alpha -- I guess I prefer to use tags for grouping/filtering things.  I rather dislike when the website precedes the web page in the title as it requires expanding any title field wide enough to accomodate both.  Such a "feature" would force me to forfeit time moving donationcoder.com to the end of the title tongue
Jammo the OrganizedFellow
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 10:29:57 PM »

How's that to-do list coming along Mouser?

... bookmarking is slowed down by the fact that the page title for forum threads does not include the string "DonationCoder.com" like all non-forum page titles does. Manually adding such a string to the title of each bookmark is time-consuming (in the long run at least).

very good ideas indeed. adding it to my todo list.

As an aspiring web developer/designer, it is a constant struggle to cope with my ADHD + Hypomania/Bipolar Disorder.

The slow growth of my web dev projects is eclipsed by my patience, understanding and desire to learn AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE as I slowly progress.

X_____jamjammo_____
suleika
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 07:59:44 AM »

I just did this for my own SMF forum: here's how.

Another way in which this is useful is for time-tracking programs that only read the windows title bar; many SMF pages use generic titles (like "Post Reply" or "Recent Unread Topics") and I can't distinguish one forum from another without a clue as to the domain or forum name.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 08:04:01 AM by suleika » Logged
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 08:29:57 AM »

thanks for the tip suleika -- done  thumbs up
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 09:15:02 AM »

Ahhhhhhh!!!

Now all my tabs look the same!  Cry

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 09:19:19 AM »

how about if i put it on the end?
suleika
Supporting Member

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 09:32:16 AM »

Yes, at the end would be better!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.035s | Server load: 0.01 ]