ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

reply from simplemachines about search issues on the forum

<< < (2/2)

jgpaiva:
now that there is a search plugin for firefox. your opera custom search would look cool beside it. 8)
so, how about uploading it to DC?
-lanux128 (October 10, 2006, 11:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
Sorry, but i have no idea on how to do it, i just opened the search page, right-clicked the search field and selected "create search" :D

allen:
now that there is a search plugin for firefox. your opera custom search would look cool beside it. 8)
so, how about uploading it to DC?
-lanux128 (October 10, 2006, 11:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
Sorry, but i have no idea on how to do it, i just opened the search page, right-clicked the search field and selected "create search" :D
-jgpaiva (October 11, 2006, 07:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Much easier than making a moz custom search plugin -- so easy, it doesn't warrant a link :) Maybe a little Opera icon and a blurb that says "If you're using Opera, as everyone should be, just right click in the search box and select 'Create Search'" :P

lanux128:
ok, i see. i'm not an Opera user. but from the method you described, it sounds much like Firefox's Smart Keywords.

jgpaiva:
lanux: it is, but as opera's search is application-wide, when you add a new search, you can add a "smart keyword" for it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version