ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > UrlSnooper

Network adaptor not being detected

(1/2) > >>

davolente:
Couldn`t get this to work originally, but thought I`d come back to it and have another go with a later version. Two adjacent PC`s. One XPSP2, external ADSL USB modem (where sniffer is installed), the second Win 98. Both "networked" using a cross-over cable. Sniffer can`t auto-detect the network adaptor. Advanced mode shows "Realtek 8139-series PCI NIC (Microsoft`s Packet Scheduler)" in the network adaptor field, and no other, but won`t auto detect, giving "ERROR: Failed to find a suitable network driver. Please ensure you haver a valid internet connection and try again, or try to set your adaptor manually from Advanced mode", which is more-or-less sending me round in circles! Any answers, or am I missing something, somewhere?

mouser:
turn off auto detecting; just choose the adatper. and see if it will sniff traffic.

bugmenot:
Thanks mouser,
I turned of auto detect and it worked.
I was having the same problem as davolente

kisakarina:
I've been wanting to use URLSnooper.  I could only get the latest version to work and detect a driver on a borrowed Win XP machine. All my other computers are WinME. Regardless of the machine, it detects PPP and Unknown.  URL Snooper give an initialization error message with Unknown, but not with PPP.  Still it does not detect with PPP.

Is there a way to manually input an adapter? Any other hints to get it to work?

Thanks,

kisakarina

farah9:
I'm having the same problem, it use to work fine for me, but now it says "can't detcet network adaptor". When I switch off auto detect there is only one choice I have and that is "generic dialup adaptor", I can't change it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version