ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Outlook Nightmares...

(1/3) > >>

Renegade:
I've used Outlook, and I know what it feels like to be buggered with a razor wire baseball bat... :(

Holy mother of mercy! HELP~!

Outlook crashed on startup 100%. Got that fixed. Now I have 10's of thousands of duplicate messages. (About 40k or so.) And the duplicate remove I've used has only helped moderately.

I still have about 15k messages that are unread. :( I keep meticulous track of my messages, and now they're all polluted.

Personally, I'd love to murder the entire Outlook team at MS then do the same to the guys that chose Outlook as the company email software. But as I like my freedom, that's out of the question. (Shouldn't bad IT decisions be grouped in with the 'justifiable homicide' category?)

Does anyone have any advice on how to fix a totally screwed inbox? I don't want to read 15k messages... Again...

The Basic Problem: My inbox now has duplicates of emails that I've already read or responded to. I don't want to delete those. I want to delete the unread ones. And the software I used just doesn't help to fix things.

mouser:
someone posted recently about some outlook duplicate killers, i'll try to find the post if you cant.

Renegade:
someone posted recently about some outlook duplicate killers, i'll try to find the post if you cant.
-mouser (October 11, 2006, 03:40 PM)
--- End quote ---
There was one that I found, but it was for removing duplicate contacts.

lanux128:
i don't use outlook but you can search here for such tools.

http://www.snapfiles.com

patteo:
Try this : I think it's quite good. I "used to use it" until I switch over to Gmail. If I remember it correctly, it worked quite well for me.

MAPILab - Duplicate Email Remover - Outlook plugin for deleting duplicate emails and posts
"Duplicate Email Remover
Current version: 2.14.2

Duplicate Email Remover is a powerful and flexible Microsoft Outlook plugin intended for the search and processing of duplicated mail messages in Microsoft Outlook folders.

This Outlook plugin processes both email messages and posts in mail-type Microsoft Outlook folders. To remove contacts, notes, tasks, journal and calendar items, please try another our Outlook tool — Duplicates Remover for Outlook plugin.

Please, pay your attention that Duplicate Email Remover can be used with Microsoft Office Outlook only. If you use Outlook Express, look at another MAPILab software - Remove Duplicates from Outlook Express plugin.

You can use this Outlook plugin to find mail message copies both in a single folder and in different folders. A duplicate message found can be:
# marked with flag Red flag
# deleted
# copied to any folder you choose
# moved to any folder you choose

Duplicate Email Remover Screenshot So, you can easily test this Outlook plugin and preview messages you may need to delete.

The Priority system within the plugin is used to search for duplicates across several folders. Using the priority system, you can specify, for example, that of the two identical messages stored in the folders "Important Letters" and "Temporary Folder", it is the message from the temporary folder that should be considered the duplicate and hence needs to be deleted (marked, moved).

Duplicate Email Remover is Outlook plugin, that is fully compatible with Microsoft "
http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/duplicate_remover/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version