topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 24, 2024, 4:24 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: AdMuncher --- ARGHHH .... mystery solved.  (Read 3671 times)

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
AdMuncher --- ARGHHH .... mystery solved.
« on: October 10, 2006, 05:10 PM »
I have been using AdMuncher for quite a while and found it very good (despite my early whinging).

One thing on my system has been REALLY annoying me for months. My Linksys router admin is accessed via http://192.186.1.1 and for a long time pages have been problematic in the management front end. They either don't display at all (common), only partially display or are malformed. Strangely my Desktop is the only device on the network with these problems - other computers work fine.

I finally traced the problem to AdMuncher (by pure chance) and adding 192.168.1.1 to the 'Don't filter of URL' personal filter list cures the problem instantly.

Given that I am about to change my wireless network (still waiting for delivery of the goodies) I have discovered this a bit late in the game but for anyone else having trouble with a router it may be worth adding it to trusted site lists in any suitable applications (obviously don't allow all access via a destop firewall or you may as well simply ininstall the firewall!)

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: AdMuncher --- ARGHHH .... mystery solved.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 06:56 PM »
Good to hear this was solved :) By the way, expect 4.7 out soon. We just finished work on the new update system which is the last major change that Murray wanted before pushing the 4.7 final release. Once that is out, I will see if I can work out something for DC.Com users again :) By the way, check out the latest beta located here:

http://www.admuncher.com/beta.pl/26932/3005566325

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 07:13 PM »
Thanks my beta version was about 5000 builds back - how often are betas updated?

Working on build numbers and the data my current beta was released there must be about 20 a day ;)

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 07:19 PM »
actually, there have only been around 20 released to the public since build 26038, which was our last major beta release to the public (the others are more bug fixes, etc). You can always check using the contact tab and using the live support and chat. Typing ?? latest in the support window will give you a url to the latest beta build.