topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 8:13 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Cool Parent Gadget - Hipseat Baby Carrier  (Read 7967 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Cool Parent Gadget - Hipseat Baby Carrier
« on: October 09, 2006, 05:00 PM »
Simple but clever.

The Hipseat baby carrier has been developed to allow adults to carry their children naturally on their hip without the usual strains on the back. Specifically designed to address one of the root causes of adult back pain, the seat provides a firm shelf for the child to sit on and supports their increasingly heavy weight from underneath. Instead of twisting the spine, the back is able to stay straight and the child is tucked into the chest on whichever side is more comfortable for the wearer. Simple, practical and easy to use this baby carrier is both endorsed and recommended by osteopaths, chiropractors and back professionals.

from http://www.babygadget.net/ (cool site for parents)

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Cool Parent Gadget - Hipseat Baby Carrier
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 06:52 PM »
Doh!! I *cannot* tell you how many times I thought of doing something like this after my first kid was born. I would tie my jacket around my waist and notice how much easier it was to hold the little nipper on my hip. Then I would think "what if someone (like me...) made something that was like a little foam pad thingummy that straps around you and makes a seat for the kid? Hmmm... what an idea..."

*kick self*
*kick self*
*kick self*
*ad infinitum...*