topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 1:50 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Social Networking Saved the Internet  (Read 3708 times)

Redhat

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Social Networking Saved the Internet
« on: October 09, 2006, 02:42 PM »
I have written my first article for the site CenterNetworks.com - entitled "Social Networking Saved the Internet"!

I would be most thankful if you could give it a look-over and digg it if you like it  :Thmbsup: :-*

Took a while to come up with, but I'm happy with it :) Thanks all!

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Social Networking Saved the Internet
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 04:54 PM »
Be carefull... If mouser catches you saying such blasphemy, he might trow you out :P

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Social Networking Saved the Internet
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 11:45 PM »
Hmm. I'm a little dubious about the premise of ths, but it seems fairly well written and I like the challenge of its perspective. My questions are A: didn't the people participating in the great .com bubble also think they were "finally making the Internet useful for something/relevant/whatever" B: what's to say a similar crash won't happen with all this stuff and finally C: is there any statistics that could be checked or other actual comparative, analytical means that could be used to actually determine Internet "interest" in various periods of the past? Can we look at broadband adoption curves and plot them against Web 2.0 service introductions and popularity spikes? Who's gonna make me some pretty graphs? :D

- Oshyan