topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 12:06 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Ball Revamped I through IV - One of the Most Addictive Flash Game Series Ever  (Read 10425 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Ok we have posted one of these games before here, but I think this series deserves another post honoring it.  This is a perfect example of simple gameplay, a simple concept, and an extremely addictive result.  It's almost impossible to play a level once and not feel immediately compelled to keep playing until you beat it (I feel certain someone should write an article on why this is so).

Screenshot - 10_17_2006 , 5_07_09 AM_thumb.png
Ball Revamped IV (the latest in the series)
Four months was spent on this installation of the Ball Revamped series, this time with a 100 new levels, 20 power ups, 8 different obstacles, 2 bosses, level codes, and a high score list. Bringing it back to the old style of gameplay, Ball Revamped IV: Amplitude is definitely a notch above the others in the series.

Screenshot - 10_17_2006 , 5_10_10 AM_thumb.png
Ball Revamped III: Gemini
This is part two of the Ball Revamped III game. The game was so big that it was decidely split into two parts. This half is my favorite :). You can play them out of order, but I would play Andromeda first... it might be a bit easier. Enjoy. 50 levels plus a huge final boss. Have fun!

Screenshot - 10_17_2006 , 5_08_55 AM_thumb.png
Ball Revamped III: Andromeda
This is part one of the Ball Revamped III game. It took over 2 months to create, and was the brain child of myself and Marc. Two different flash files, split between 100 different levels and two final bosses, multiple power ups, multiple enemies, 10 different atmospheres, and a whole lot more. The files got so big I had the reduce background quality and split the game into two parts. Enjoy! Lightly tap the up key to keep suspended, then start to work in the arrow keys.

Screenshot - 10_17_2006 , 5_10_35 AM_thumb.png
Ball Revamped II: Metaphysik
Finally, I managed to gather enough time to finish the sequel to Ball Revamped. While similar to the original, this one has a few twists, like laser shots and gates and so much more. 125 levels, a final boss, I hope you enjoy.

Screenshot - 10_17_2006 , 5_08_08 AM_thumb.png
Ball Revamped
As promised, a revamped version of the original is now here, including over 100 levels, a built in physics engine, sound, music (not the best, but you can turn it off), and 11 power ups.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
You can see other games and animations by the creators of Ball Revamped here:
http://www.jmtb02.com/elixir/?q=node/8

hamradio

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Amateur Radio Guy
    • View Profile
    • HamRadioUSA.net
    • Donate to Member
Heres a couple screenshots from my conquest into Ball Revamped III: Gemini last night...  You should try it and see if you can beat my lowest score in the 3rd thumbnail.

screenshot_10172006_001.jpgBall Revamped I through IV - One of the Most Addictive Flash Game Series Ever

screenshot_10172006_002.jpgBall Revamped I through IV - One of the Most Addictive Flash Game Series Ever

screenshot_10172006_003.jpgBall Revamped I through IV - One of the Most Addictive Flash Game Series Ever
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 11:58 PM by hamradio »