ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: mouse location launcher

<< < (2/5) > >>

mouser:
maybe my idea is better suited for custom desktop tools like objectdock or whatever and i should stick to the orig idea, but i wonder if the original idea doesnt already exist as freeware.

http://www.stardock.com/products/objectdock/

kfitting:
yeah, as far as working with other windows you would need to be able to allow the user to customize that.  Also, what different triggers would be available?  

-Mousetime
-Mousehover
-Mouseclick?

Any others?

Kevin

cracksloth:
sorry it took so long to get back with you.  i had friends over this weekend for fun and punishment.

my original intent was only for screen edges and corners because i want them active even when other applications are active.  that way i can call up a menu, f&r, execute a new browser window, etc regardless of what is active.  i have never been a big fan of the desktop because it is always covered with the things i really use.  i *do* like the idea about having different actions depending on the active application.  for example, slamming your mouse to the bottom of the screen will bring your internet browser to its home page, but it would go to parent directory when your file manager was active.  in fact, would it be possible to require a certain mouse velocity for "slams"?  that way, accidentally brushing against it will not trigger an action?

-cracksloth

p.s
>>cracksloth what is your background that you have such a logical and precise way of laying out diagrams and mock screenshots and stuff?
i am in dental school.  a profession driven by anal retentiveness.

kfitting:
Your idea is intriguing cracksloth... I would question whether it could be put into FindRun.  Both concepts are for launching programs or actions.  mouser, would it be possible to have hotkeys, a hotkey, and mouse actions initiate responses from FindRun??  The idea about different actions for different programs is pretty cool too... customizability is awesome!

Kevin

cracksloth:  Dental school??  The bane of all four year olds!!

mouser:
well at least we know that your skills with charts mean you won't be extracting the wrong teeth..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version