ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Is AVG really that bad?

(1/2) > >>

AdIyhc:
How come nobody shows any interest in its new security suite? Instead I see people discussing how good NOD32/Antivir suite is and they aren't even out or exist yet!

Topics on AVG usually end up with 0 reply. Does anyone buy the Pro version or its other versions? Why does most people kept saying AVG free is AVG? I think the new anti-malware version will be very different from its free version since it has ewido in it.

Is it really that bad/average that nobody wants to discuss it?

app103:
I love AVG!  And I am an AVG free user.

I am not a pro user because I don't really like all-in-one security solutions where one or more components may be subpar while only 1 is top notch.

There is nothing included in the pro version that I would be interested in, that isn't included already in the free version.

I would be spending money on features I would end up disabling to keep them from clashing with other, better security tools. That would be a waste.

nudone:
up until very recently i used the free version of avg and was very happy with it.

but then i got a virus that it didn't recognise so i'm now trying the free version of avast. seems okay so far.

AdIyhc:
Ah at least someone loves it. :)
I'm thinking of cross upgrading my ewido to the suite.
Would love to see some comments on the suite.

Darwin:
I use AVG too - at first the free version but for about 18 months the pro version. I upgraded to support development and so I could have it scan at sometime other than 8 am. I'm still running the anti-virus only, none of the rest of the security suite (I've not tried it). Overall, I've been using it for at least 2 1/2 years and have never had a problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version