ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Comments on ScreenshotCaptor - Beta Version - 2.12.01 to 2.24.01

<< < (6/9) > >>

mouser:
damn i thought abterix was going to love this feature  :'(

let me make clear this is a totally optional dialog.  in the OnCapture options tab (and now also from manu) you can tell it what to do when a new screenshot is taken (restore main window, dont restore main window, and now this quick popup dialog).

so if you like taking long series of pics without using this, nothing will have changed for you.

this is an additional option for those people who like to take a pic, then decide whether to keep it or not.  it's as simple as that.

when you use this dialog, it comes up before the file is ever saved to disk, so it comes up much faster, and discarding an image results in no wasted disk activity or clowdown.

i probably need to add something to that dialog that lets you choose not to diplay it any more since i'm afraid new users will conclude that the dialog is mandatory.

mouser:
have the preview respond to ESC for discard and ENTER for keep
--- End quote ---
I'll be adding Esc to cancel to the next version; Enter will rechoose the last selected action.

AbteriX:
damn i thought abterix was going to love this feature  :'(-mouser (September 10, 2006, 03:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
;D i do love the preview and the discard button!
But i didn't see the benefit of see this new window then SCwindow itself!
I only see an another step if i choose to work farther on with this current capture.
And if i want to drop this shot i can do this in SCwindow directly.

The only good (for me) is the part that you not immediately save the capture to disk.
But the preview i (i !) like to have in the SCwindow, where i can crop or zoom it
and see than if i wanna keep it.

let me make clear this is a totally optional dialog.  in the OnCapture options tab (and
now also from manu) you can tell it what to do when a new screenshot is taken (restore
main window, dont restore main window, and now this quick popup dialog).
--- End quote ---
yes, i have seen this option.

So allow me again my older question
"why you didn't use SC to preview the capture bevor the user choose to save it?"

My old request is still an option "[X]Auto save Capture" in [On capture - General]
which i would let disabled most of the time.
Sorry i have to went offline soon (23:45):D

But it seams most of the other user like this new dialog, so it's fine too (for the moment:)

mouser:
you can zoom in the preview window with mouse wheel and left+right click, as long as you turn off the auto fit checkbox.

there are advantages to the mini window:
1) its faster to display because its simpler and doesnt user thumbnail explorer browser.
2) nice and small (if you resize it small) so it dont disturb your other work.
3) you can just hit quick keys for keep, discard, print.
4) doesnt autosave.. i might still add this to main sc.

AbteriX:
I love SC!, so here i am again, sorry  :(

you can zoom in the preview window with mouse wheel and left+right click, as long as you turn off the auto fit checkbox.

there are advantages to the mini window:
1) its faster to display because its simpler and doesnt user thumbnail explorer browser.-mouser (September 10, 2006, 09:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thumbnails never was an problem, even with manys of them.  :D
The time problem was every the time needed to save the shot, till i can work with him. (~1GHz,500MB and ~700Hz,750MB)

2) nice and small (if you resize it small)
--- End quote ---
If i resize it small, the capture preview is also small and useless :D

so it dont disturb your other work.
--- End quote ---
Every extra click... :D
3) you can just hit quick keys for keep, discard, print.
--- End quote ---
In SC main window too  :D
4) doesnt autosave.. i might still add this to main sc.
--- End quote ---
If you find time... thanks. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version