Found this thread after I experienced this problem again. I hate to admit it (since I like the program a lot) but I experience this problem a lot more often than I would like.
For me, the EAccessViolation error is an indication of a corrupted configuration file. I detest doing it but I make a copy of a valid configuration file so that I can quickly recover from this error. I've found that the more often the configuration is updated, the more likely it will become corrupted. For this reason, I've stopped adding launched files to the launch history, don't maintain a launch history, don't use aliases, and any time I make major changes to the configuration, I make a copy. Since I've changes, the configuration file becomes corrupted much less frequently.
Currently using v1.05.21. I also experienced the problem with an earlier version, I forget which one.
One thing that I do that others may not... I launch F&R from a hotkey (AutoHotkey script). I don't use the F&R System Tray Trigger.