Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 15, 2014, 11:14:06 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the Practical Guide to DonationCoder.com Forum Search Features

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Utility to search XP registry using keywords?  (Read 5572 times)
superboyac
Charter Member

Is your software in my list?

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: October 07, 2006, 04:14:17 PM »

What's a good utility to search the registry using keywords, and gives a list of results, similar to searching for files on a disk?  The regular regedit can only find keywords one at a time, but I need something that will return a list.  Thanks.

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 04:46:53 PM »

i dont know any free ones but im sure there must be some - looking forward to what others recommend.

Registry Crawler, RegWorks are both good commercial ones, as is Resplendent Registrar
superboyac
Charter Member

Is your software in my list?

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 05:11:46 PM »

Cool, thanks mouser.

tinjaw
Supporting Member

I'm so glad breakbeat techno isn't an illegal drug

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 08:31:34 PM »

I swear by Funduc's Registry Tookit.

tinjaw
Supporting Member

I'm so glad breakbeat techno isn't an illegal drug

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 09:42:56 PM »

NirSoft RegScanner Tool looks promising for what you want, but I have never used it.

dcm
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 10:08:22 PM »

I use PC Magazine's free Registry Detective, and it works well.

David.
dcm
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 05:19:02 PM »

Another free tool which works well is: RegScanner v1.40, available from http://www.nirsoft.net

David.
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 05:27:29 PM »

Just to note - none of the PC Mag utilities are free anymore. You can buy individual apps for $7.95 or buy one of a variety of subscriptions to their utilities ranging, I think, from 7 days access through one year. The one year subscription looks the cheapest if you want everything currently available and want to be sure that you have access to whatever is in the hopper...

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
Terry
Charter Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 01:41:15 PM »

RegmagiK - http://www.regmagik.com
RegSeeker - http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm
mrainey
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 01:58:48 PM »

Resplendence has a free (Lite) version of Registrar Registry Manager that works very well.

http://www.resplendence.com/main

Software For Metalworking
http://closetolerancesoftware.com
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 03:48:08 PM »

Resplendence Registry Manager has also just been updated to verson 5.

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.035s | Server load: 0.3 ]