ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

v1.13.01 test

(1/3) > >>

mouser:
i put up a new beta here: https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/findrun/downloads/beta/FindAndRunRobot.exe

i tried to tweak it a bit for slightly faster startup but i'd like some feedback and testing before i officially release it.

jgpaiva:
Just installed it, on first run looks fantastic.i'll see if i can break it :P

allen:
This tweak seems to have paid off . . . it does seem faster launching, yay!

alexp:
I've just updated to this build and I have a small problem with it.

When I press the pause break key to bring up f&rr sometimes a random single number appears in the search field meaning I need to delete it before I can start typing.

nontroppo:
Stress testing it (CTRL+ENTER then typing as fast as possible to try to get it to lose the first key press) is promising, only the fastest keypresses can get it to lose characters.

It still seems to use the same number of disk I/O operations on first start with history (~1,300) but is now using about half the number during search (~10,000 vs. ~20,000 before).

There still seems to be a lot of repetitive reading of desktop.ini during search, maybe some of that can be further optimised (store desktop.ini in memory or something)?

BTW mouser, there is a (slightly flaky) PHP script available which parses filemon.log files to give you the top 20 operations performed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version