ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: Babies on keyboard

(1/4) > >>

vrgrrl:
mouser, wasn't this your idea??? i seem to remember you telling me about this...so it was something that "sort of" locked the keyboard when babies and other kids start banging on the keyboard but then turned into a fun game for babies. I don't know...something with interesting colors and shapes or small animations? I have all kinds of friends with all kinds of babies (I don't know what I mean by that...). I was thinking that it'd be cool.

VRGirl

mouser:
yup, this is something ive been meaning to write for a while..
just have to figure out if it can be written well in a day or if i have to schedule it for my next app.

Scott:
I hope no one minds that I mention this...

Parents really need this kind of application.  I use Toddler Keys at the moment.  And it does other "necessary" things, like lock the toy--err, sorry--CD/DVD drive doors, disable the power button, and so on.  It can display pictures and play sounds when the keyboard is locked (nice for entertaining very young children), and can disable the keyboard and mouse, while leaving the screen as-is (nice for cleaning the keyboard or mouse, or for letting a child watch a video on the computer without having them wreak too much havoc).

Toddler Keys has been abandoned:

I do not really have time to work on this project any more. If anyone has some software development experience and would like to take over this project, e-mail me at [email protected]
--- End quote ---

Which is too bad...  It is pretty decent, but I'd be willing to pay (or donate :)) for an enhanced version of this software.  I have no idea what language it's written in.

mouser:
i've done a lot of planning for such a program in the past - i had some grand ideas for fun stuff to do; it's definitely something ill write, and passable version could be written in a day or weekend, but the version i have in mind would take longer.. still, i could whip up a version in a weekend if someone else gather the clipart and sounds..

momonan:
A program like this would make my day.  I have a one-year-old in my house who is a techno-whizz.  Give her anything with a bunch of buttons, and she will hover over it for just a second before she pushes one finger firmly into the power button.  She can already work the TV remote and loves to make magic things happen on the screen.  Although she knows that pushing the little power button on my computer tower is strictly forbidden, she also knows that pushing it is terribly entertaining since it causes me to stand up and jump around the room like a jack-in-the box.  So she will play innocently nearby until she sees an opportunity to drop something and casually push the power button on the way down to pick it up.  While I would like to give her little finger a shock so it would never happen again  ;), I would certainly settle for a lock and something fascinating to do when I pick her up to see what great work I have created on the screen.  I vote for this as the next coding snack -- even if you can't get to the larger program you no doubt have planned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version