ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

F*cks per source package and license

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
I've seen similar counts based on language - this one graphs license type too :)

Here, we can see that, while the number of fucks never even gets to 1% of the results, in the highest one, PHP, 0.5% of all the packages found by Google code contain the word fuck, or any of its derivatives, such as fucker, etc. Furthermore, after PHP, which is the language with most occurences of fuck, almost doubling the other two which compete for the second place, those being C and Perl, something not unexpected. The lowest ones, which is no surprise, are C# and Python, Python probably being the cleanest programming language of the ones sorted here.
It can be clearly seen that LGPL makes people swear, while GPL and BSD still do, but in a reduced manner.

--- End quote ---

http://blog.predius.org/2006/10/05/fucks-per-source-package-and-license/

from

allen:
I'm proud to be an avid fan of the most prolific fucker.  The irony is, I don't believe I have ever used the word in my source code . . . something I'll rectify next time I'm updating a script.

f0dder:
There's a lot of swearing in the linux kernel source, and not very much in the NT... interesting, no?

app103:
You can't even find out how many instances of "fuck" appears in Delphi code...Google left that language out of its code search.  

I am offended! :mad:

thesteve:
PHP is a bastard to work with, I think, so it seems only fitting that it gets "fuck"ed the most.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version