ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > General Review Discussion

Google Reader filter - script (Firefox and Chrome/Chromium)

(1/1)

IainB:
Posted in case this handy script could be of help/use to someone.
I reckon this script - Google Reader filter from userscripts.org - could well be a "must have" for anyone who uses Google Reader a lot and wants to save time.

This filter works consistently for me in Firefox and Chrome/Chromium, and makes short work of sifting through all the posts in Reader.
The ability to filter duplicates out of a busy discussion thread, leaving all but the most recent post/comment visible, is a serious timesaver IMO.
Must have saved me many hours so far, and probably will into the future.

I have tried other filters, but this one always works perfectly, whereas the others all seem to be deficient in some regard.
Example screenshots below: (from Chromium)
(a) With duplicate posts highlighted. (Posts extend below the bottom of the screen, and you would have to scroll to see them.)
Spoiler
(b) With duplicate posts removed. (See how because all posts fit within the screen, there's no need to scroll.)
Spoiler

(By the way, if you are wondering about the screenshot layout and colours, it's because I am experimenting with better ergonomics, rather than having to wear snowgoggles to counteract the glary whiteness of the standard Google Reader display. I got snowblindness once, on an expedition years ago, and I don't want to have to relive any part of that experience. I wondered why I always liked using the old IBM green phosphor display screens.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version