ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

College - what to do?

<< < (2/2)

moerl:
Please, anyone who still wants to chime in, please do. Every voice counts. And thanks to all who've participated so far :) It really is making a difference.

app103:
I agree with everyone else here. Drop the class, and still attend the lectures as suggested by the professor.

It is much easier to do well when you are ahead than when you are behind. Taking the professor's advice will put you ahead and make the class easier to pass.

And consider this...you are paying to take the class...if you fail you will have to take it again and pay twice. Might as well pay once and pass.

If the calc class is the only one you will be taking in the summer, you can give it much more attention, since you won't have other classes to divide your time between. That alone will make it easier to pass.

f0dder:
Well, probably too late to chime in, but I also say "drop it", so...

I do have a thing to add, though: spend a little time each friday reading up on the subject, even though you aren't taking it. That should give you a head start next semester.

thomthowolf:
I also say drop.  FWIW, never make any decision based on whether you will appear weak (or strong, for that matter.)  The important lessons of college are about setting priorities and asking for help and advice when needed.  You seem to be learning that lesson well, in this case.
BTW, what kind of cool site is this that you could feel free to ask and we could feel obliged to answer.   :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version