ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Let's Make us some Games!

<< < (3/11) > >>

Deozaan:
I guess I had better hit the Programming School here at DC.-Mizraim (October 05, 2006, 12:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

What programming language are you going for?

Mizraim:
I guess I had better hit the Programming School here at DC.-Mizraim (October 05, 2006, 12:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

What programming language are you going for?
-Deozaan (October 05, 2006, 01:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

What do you suggest?

Deozaan:
What [programming language] do you suggest?
-Mizraim (October 05, 2006, 01:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Whatever floats your boat. :) I like Flash's ActionScript, but that might be a little difficult for a beginner. Of course, I can't really think of anything (considered a 'real' programming language) easier to start with. Flash has graphics, animation, manipulation, basically everything you need for 2D development. Problem is Flash costs $$$ if you don't have it already. There are alternatives, as was mentioned earlier in the post about Game Engines and Apps. I think there are even free Flash authoring tools where you can write all your code and it will export as a .swf file. But then you lose out on the graphics part of it. I'm not sure. I've never not used Flash to make Flash stuff.

mouser:
shouldn't cody play a prominent role in this game?
i suggest flash, for the sake of playability.

Mizraim:
What [programming language] do you suggest?
-Mizraim (October 05, 2006, 01:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Whatever floats your boat. :) I like Flash's ActionScript, but that might be a little difficult for a beginner. Of course, I can't really think of anything (considered a 'real' programming language) easier to start with. Flash has graphics, animation, manipulation, basically everything you need for 2D development. Problem is Flash costs $$$ if you don't have it already. There are alternatives, as was mentioned earlier in the post about Game Engines and Apps. I think there are even free Flash authoring tools where you can write all your code and it will export as a .swf file. But then you lose out on the graphics part of it. I'm not sure. I've never not used Flash to make Flash stuff.
-Deozaan (October 05, 2006, 01:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well lucky for me I do have Flash.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version