ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Let's Make us some Games!

<< < (6/11) > >>

app103:
How about a whack-a-mole type game staring some of the forum regs...and cody and his alien peg pals?

Hitting the regs earns you CodyCoins...hitting Cody or his pals you lose coins...hitting dalmatian snakes earns you bonus coins.

You need to collect enough CodyCoins within a time limit to advance to the next round...where it just gets faster & faster.

Not sure about the setting...maybe the inside of a pc case with people popping up from behind things?

(inspired by nudone's avatar)

Deozaan:
Not sure about the setting...maybe the inside of a pc case with people popping up from behind things?
(inspired by nudone's avatar)
-app103 (October 06, 2006, 05:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

How about a cash register! It pops open and you see cody & friends and site regs. Almost like those quickshoot games with the NES Light Gun.

Mizraim:
Those are some excellent ideas! I think the whole base a game after a random name sounds unique and challanges the coder to some creative ideas based on a single title. Keep these ideas coming and invite your coder friends to come try their skill. :Thmbsup:

Mizraim:
I have been thinking about a game recently, and under the ideas posted on here realized that I could use some of the ideas on here to start the beginning of my game. I can't share all of it because there is still a lot to be decided, but basically I want to create a world where everything on it is interactable in one way or another. We could collect the rocks' like JavaJones idea to build castles, weapons etc... and we could take Deozaan's, idea of grow up to store energy for various things and farm food for our people who harvest the materials to build. I think you may see where this is going. Things would eventually get better, stronger, and faster to find and produce and soon you would have a thriving civilization... then the other work begins... Exploration. You explore to find another civilization and then begins the wars and domination factor. We tie all this into a RPG type prehistoric setting, throw in the occasional monster attack (the giant Cody monster) and you need to develop ways to defend yourself and so on.

nudone:
WOW! I just noticed your avatar....thats awesome!
-Mizraim (October 05, 2006, 08:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

i'm glad you like it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version