ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skrommel's Software

DimSaver being flagged by AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition

<< < (2/4) > >>

lanux128:
this warning is also being noticed in AHK forums: Compiled scripts detected as trojans.

app103:
AVG's updates lately have been catching all kinds of things and flagging them...lots of false positives.

I have had a problem with Flaming Pear's Flood plugin for Photoshop and Paintshop Pro. I have had this plugin for many years and recently started getting notices from AVG every time I started Paintshop Pro. Then about 3 updates later the notices stopped. I am glad they fixed the prob. It was starting to drive me nuts.

Muadib:
Hi People,

Once again AVG (7.5) is flagging DimSaver.scr as containing "Trojan horse BackDoor.Generic8.JOL". I know that is not true, but it's so annoying...

Can somebody give an idea about how to tell AVG to ignore the file? I already have tried to move it to the Vault and tell AVG to ignore the file, but the resident part is still detecting and removing it form System32 folder...  >:(

Maybe Skrommel can contact Grisoft to tell them to remove DimSaver from their list in the next update?

Thanks.

lanux128:
in the meantime try re-compiling the AHK source with the latest Autohotkey program and renaming DimSaver.exe as an SCR.

Muadib:
in the meantime try re-compiling the AHK source with the latest Autohotkey program and renaming DimSaver.exe as an SCR.
-lanux128 (September 16, 2007, 07:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks lanux128 for the advice.

Even though I never compiled Autohotkey programs before, I would like to have a try.

Can you tell where I can get the code, please? I've tried in the Skrommel's page without success. And if possible, maybe a link for a "dummy proof" step-by-step instructions of how to compile it?

Thanks a lot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version