ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

AppRocket: Quicksilver for Windows

<< < (2/7) > >>

mouser:
definitely go for it!
it would be nice to hear where F&R is better and where it is worse.
(maybe it's time i updated the F&R help file to indicate how to do the new things like using paste command and regular expression stuff..)

m_s:
Cool, will give it some thought and get them both up and running  ;)

jpfx:
any review of approcket needs to consider the ridiculous amount of memory it consumes and the probability that there is no ongoing development.

zridling:
m_s, write the review! I like AppRocket too, but jp is right, no new versions in a long time. Then came F&R Robot and haven't looked back.

m_s:
The memory usage has been what chased me off AppRocket every other time I've looked at it - and there have been a few, because it is such an atrractive-looking piece of software.  I have used ObjectDock for most of the last year, and been fairly happy with it, but I've noticed over the last few months that I have been using the Quick Launch toolbar more and more, so I switched off ObjectDock a few days ago.

So, right now, AppRocket is running at 14,400k, but F&RR is not far behind at 13,512k - ah, but I just opened and then closed the F&RR window, and wahaaay, it's down to 660k!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version